Shred or slice, that's up to you! Leave the pork in the cooler until it's been resting for at least 1 hour, or you're ready to slice and serve. Apply a combo of equal parts sweet rub and spicy rub directly on the meat. It helps us keep tabs on our meat while we are doing other stuff! 1 tbsp smoked salt or regular kosher salt. No. Pour 3/4 cup of water into the bottom of the baking dish. Btw, I used my webbet smoker. Bring your smoker up to 250 for indirect cooking using Hickory and Cherry wood for smoke. While pigs walk on all 4 legs and technically have 4 shoulders, the rear shoulders made into ham. Prepare the rub by mixing salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in a small bowl. Using a spoon, carefully spread the rub across the surface, place some rub on your fingers and pat them along the side to ensure even coverage. Cooked on low from start to finish. Pork Prep – Before/During/After. We love using our awesome wireless InkBird thermometer. Any roast that comes from the shoulder of the pig will work great. Sous vide: toss the pulled pork in a silicone sous vide bag, or zip-top freezer bag and heat in a water bath at 165f for 30-45 minutes until heated through. Especially GOOD food, with lots of flavour and interesting recipes. It took 8.5 hours to go from 37 degrees to 198. You can certainly use any kosher salt you like, but the smoked salt is TOP notch. Mix 8oz of Killer Hogs Sauce with 2oz Molasses and 2oz Apple Juice. Roast, braise, or smoke the shoulder until it is falling-apart tender. pork shoulder takes 7 hours to cook in a slow cooker!! Published: July 21, 2019 Modified: Dec 29, 2020 by Ally · As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Flip over the shoulder and do the same on the backside. For the spritz, I used apple juice and apple cider vinegar. This error message is only visible to WordPress admins, Filming Wild Game Recipes and Outdoor Kitchens, Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub (your favorite sweet rub can be substituted here), Killer Hogs The Hot Rub (your favorite hot rub can be substituted here). BUT we are cooking a well-used muscle here, with lots of tendons, which makes it a tougher cut. Only changed one ingredient: 1/3 c water for 1/3 c apple juice. Smoke the pork shoulder with hickory wood until it gets a nice bark on the outside. Thanks for all the info. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Heat this mixture over medium heat until the molasses melt and brush over the outside of the picnic. Nothing makes me happier than sharing food that makes you say "Damn, that's good". Learn how your comment data is processed. I used the honey and parsley step it’s great! I also put a thermometer in from the start to log temperatures and cook times for the the future. No. Pork picnic shoulder is a hunk of meat that is laced with flavorful fat and connective … Onion Powder; The Execution. Listen, you could buy rub. I just watched the video about smoking a Pork Shoulder Picnic. When internal temperature hits the 150-160 F mark, it is time to wrap the shoulder. Once the internal temperature of the pork reaches ~203F, remove from the smoker, and wrap in two layers of tinfoil. Join me in my Canadian kitchen - we can chug maple syrup and make poutine! I’m Malcom Reed and these are my recipes. Let rest 1-3 hours. Slices go well with potatoes, roasted vegetables or sandwiches. Then put that wrapped towel into a cooler bag. The top half is the pork butt, or pork shoulder. If you've got an internal temperature probe, place it now. Looking g forward to more. During the cooking process, the muscle tissues tighten, squeezing out a lot of the juice (water) that is present in the meat. It's easy to unwrap it all at the end! https://www.food.com/recipe/smoked-pork-shoulder-smoker-or-pit-161941 I tried a new rub that didn’t impress me (not Killer Hogs). Dear Malcom, The roast that I used for this recipe was a pork picnic roast. ★☆. Alternatively, you can use a freezer zip-top bag and remove as much air as possible before freezing. For this recipe, look for a picnic shoulder that is between a 10 and 12 pounds range. Once the alarm goes off, remove the picnic from the smoker and carefully open the foil to vent off the steam. ★☆ Cooking your pork to a ~200-205F internal temperature enables the breakdown of connective tissue and leave you with a deliciously soft, tender, delicious piece of meat. Thanks for the tips. Thanks again Malcom! Place roast in an aluminum foil pan and pour apple juice on top. Mix 8oz of the apple juice, pineapple Juice, and red wine vinegar together in a spray bottle. That would feed 18-20 people. 11lb pork butt should yield 6lb of cooked meat. Some terms and cuts of these roasts are: butt, shoulder, picnic, shoulder blade. This smoked pork shoulder picnic roast is incredible. You are a Gifted Cook & Communicator and I Thank you! cooked boneless pork shoulder roast, salt, flour, ground cumin and 16 more Crock Pot Pork Shoulder for Pulled-Pork Sandwiches The Spruce Eats freshly ground black pepper, kosher salt, water, barbecue sauce and 2 more https://www.dontsweattherecipe.com/simple-pork-shoulder-brine Pork picnic is usually smaller in size, but we've found they are more flavourful meat, even though the picnic roast can have less fat and marbling. It turned out great. Then wrap that into a towel. Place the picnic skin side down and spray the collar with cooking. Took some to deer camp last fall and there was nontalking during dinner. Learn how to cook a perfect picnic using your own rub to take it to the next level. But you can cook it fully and then re-heat it the next day. I want to try it for a family party of about 20 adults. 8 lbs. Feel free to go either way! I cannot say enough good things about that big black beauty. 8hrs total.. so freaking happy! In summary, for an 8 pound boneless pork shoulder, smoke at 180°F for 12 hours (or until internal temp reads 160-180°F), turn up heat to 225°F, and smoke an additional 4 hours (until internal temp reads 200-210°F). Rinse the meat under cold running water and blot dry it with paper towels. While the lower portion is a pork shoulder picnic roast. COPYRIGHT © 2018 HOW TO BBQ RIGHT | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, Join the list and get Malcom's latest recipes, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Shred it for sandwiches or serve … That said, any smoker will work for this recipe. Can the smoking process be done one day & the cooking in foil process be done the next day? Every hour spritz the meat with the apple juice mixture. Although the rule of thumb is to cook it for 60-90 minutes per pound of meat, we strive to have that bad boy done at least 3 hours before we want to eat. Place roast in the grill and smoke the for 1 hour. It’s been cold smoked, but has not been cooked at all. I used your recipe for the pork picnic.. came out superb, thanks for the heart and great instructions!.. Place pork roast on a flat surface, and gently but thoroughly rub the top and sides with an even coat of mustard. Place both the water dish and the pork on the rack in your smoker. When the internal temperature of the pork picnic reaches about 195 degrees Fahrenheit, give it the fork test. Because, somehow, even though we don't have "real" TV, I found a cooking show on Netflix talking about smoking meat and then we fell into a rabbit hole, people. I've determined that rub is the glitter of the culinary world. 5 --> Start your roast early. Thank you again for making the videos. Not my words but 2 of my neighbors!! If you're wanting to reheat just plain pulled pork, you can reheat it: Microwave: in a covered dish with a splash of water, in one minute intervals, stirring in between until heated through. When your smoked pork roast reaches the proper internal temperature, remove it from the smoker, wrap it tightly in a fluffy towel, then slide the fluffy towel into the cooler. Technically, for safe consumption, pork only needs to be cooked to 145F internal temperature. Cover roasting pan with foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour. bestcookideas.com/pork/6281-pork-shoulder-picnic-roast-recipe-in-the-oven.html I've rested smoked meat for almost 8 hours, and it came out of the cooler nice and hot! But the trick is to use the cooler to keep the meat warm, the same way a cooler keeps things cold, it can keep things hot! Hi Malcolm. Return the pork to the grill. Place the pork picnic back on the smoker for 15-20 minutes. Traeger pulled pork is the best way to go about cooking this pork cut from the upper shoulder … After the pork has rested for at least one hour, remove it from the cooler, and trim all the excess fat that didn't render. About 1 hour before smoking the pork, unwrap the pork shoulder and let it rest at room temperature. I want to try your hog rub sometime. Brushed with Dijon mustard, rubbed with barbeque spices and cooked for 8 hours, this Smoked Pork Shoulder is tender and juicy. melts in your mouth.. Combine all ingredients for the rub in a small bowl. I just wash out and reuse over and over. No. By smoking pork picnics for the first few hours at a lower temperature, say around 200 degrees, then raising the temperature up around 235 degrees, the shoulder will get good internal smoke flavor and will finish in a decent amount of time. It normally takes about 20 minutes per pound to cook this way, but it takes longer for it to cool in the pot than it actually takes for it to cook. PS. A 3 lb. It is important to pick a roast that has a lot of marbling. 2 --> Disposable tin foil pans are some of my favourite accessories for our Traeger. This will keep the meat hot while it rests and reabsorbs the juices. Shred the pork, and toss with any remaining juice. Place the prepared pork shoulder … This rub is incredibly easy, it's got 5 ingredients; We love smoking pork because we've always got leftovers! Bake the smoked pork at 325° for 20 minutes. Once the pork hits 160F internal temperature, pull it off the grill and wrap it in plain butcher's paper. Resting leads more juicy, tender final product. Most smoked pork butt recipes call for a bone-in pork shoulder, sometimes also labeled a Boston butt roast or a pork butt. Fill a heat-proof dish with 1/2 can root beer and approximately the same amount of water. I usually get picnics they are my favorite to make porchetta with. This serves a couple purposes: This step is optional, but adds almost no extra work to your cook. If you want to make shredding a breeze, get some of these awesome meat claws. Sign up for exclusive content, goodies + more! Your pulled pork leftovers can be kept in the fridge in a sealed container for 3-4 days. I’m yet to ruin a piece of meat and touch wood i wont anytime soon. Your email address will not be published. The top half is the pork butt, or pork shoulder. Works pretty good, but it’s tough to regulate the temperature. Most importantly, water helps aid in bark formation. Oven: in a covered dish with a splash of water at 300f for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice during the cooking time. Set aside any juices that didn't reabsorb into the meat. The rule of thumb here is about 1 hour per pound – so for a 15 pound shoulder, expect a 14-15 hour cook. In a small bowl, blend sugar with molasses and spices; brush the top of the pork. This smoked pork picnic roast is incredible. The rule of thumb is 60-90 minutes per pound plus a 1-hour rest. Pork picnic is a part of the pig's front shoulder. Required fields are marked *. I used this recipe yesterday. All of these labels are for the exact same cut of pork. Brush the outside of the ham with the remaining spiced molasses mixture and bake for 25 minutes longer, or until the ham is nicely glazed. I love your videos about smoking meats. Smoke this whole pork shoulder at 225-230 degrees. I spend way too much time thinking and talking about food. Pulled pork comes from roast pork. 1 --> Use a rimmed baking sheet when you're applying the mustard and the rub! Malcom i have tried many of your recipes & cooking techniques just want to say thanks you truly have a gift when it comes to cooking & smoking . The flavor, texture, and moisture of the meat were exceptional. Garlic Powder 1 tsp. Smoked pork can also be frozen, seal it in a vacuum sealed bag and it will last for 6-9 months in the freezer. I use a tin loaf pan. Mix 8oz of the apple juice, pineapple Juice, and red wine vinegar together in a spray bottle. Yes, you certainly can! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Coat the pork in the rub. I made a few adjustments as I didn’t have all ingredients. No. Once you're in that spiralling funnel of convincing yourself you need something it's hard to get out. Your generosity is much appreciated in giving easy to understand instructions that can be used to watch and follow as I cook along with your videos. Use the stars in the recipe card below to rate it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe Ingredients ; we love smoking pork because we 've always got leftovers picnic... 'S easy to unwrap it all at the end meat while we are cooking a well-used muscle here with... Place pork roast with any remaining juice sugar with molasses and spices ; brush the top of the dish. And the pork picnic 1 hour per pound – so for a bone-in pork shoulder is actually different... Till serving time work as both a pork butt, you do n't have a recipe! The steam, expect a 14-15 hour cook ideas when you are truly passionate what. Throughout the entire cooking process can of root beer in that spiralling funnel of yourself... Pork is delicious in tacos, pasta or sandwiches is a part of the pork roast... Ham on a large cooler reabsorbs the juices the entire cooking process a spray bottle reaches 202-205F 8,. From qualifying purchases carefully open the foil to vent off the steam bone-in pork shoulder, a. And coffee mugs sometimes also labeled a Boston butt roast or a pork roast on a flat surface and., but it 's bone-in or bone-out, this is the pork, and wrap in two layers smoked pork shoulder picnic roast recipe. And red wine vinegar together in a spray bottle and i Thank!. At the end Killer Hogs barbecue team that spiralling funnel of convincing you... 5 minutes and make sure the entire cooking process two layers of tinfoil directions. Settings page to connect an account ’ s preserve if i 'm using for. It and then start cooking it again it won ’ t give you the best.... These labels are for the next day the size of your crockpot, pat most! Black beauty 2 of my favourite accessories for our Traeger have 4 shoulders, the here! Ribs and they turned out great! hours, this is the pork picnic on. Got 5 ingredients ; we love smoking pork because we 've always leftovers! Each piece of meat provide barbecue team mixture and wrap it in plain butcher 's paper pork because 've! It with paper towels recipe without a smoker baking dish, fat side up i comment you like, has! Picnics today and look forward to smoking a pork shoulder with hickory wood until it is important to a... And whether it 's hard to estimate smoking times, as our experience is that it usually longer... On the roast that i used the recipe card below to rate it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ howtobbqright on Instagram and it... Kosher salt, from my recipe done one day & the cooking in foil be... Good, but the smoked pork butt recipes call for a 9.43 lb the honey and parsley step it s!, texture, and toss with any remaining juice favorite to make your own pork rub, but not... To 198 blot dry it with paper towels that i used the honey and parsley step it s... Your pulled pork is delicious in tacos, pasta or sandwiches with BBQ sauce, pat most... Glitter of the brown sugar i used the recipe for a bone-in pork shoulder is actually two different.... To 250F and cook the pork, and website in this browser for the rub but it ’ been. 'Re applying the mustard and smoked pork shoulder picnic roast recipe pork picnic roast using your own pork,! Life cooking – mostly slow-smoked barbecue more water if it 's bone-in or bone-out, this smoked butt! Sides smoked pork shoulder picnic roast recipe an even coat of mustard many servings of pulled pork would an 11 lb piece meat... 1300 WiFi Pellet grill - Traeger Grills� temperature, pull it off the grill and smoke shoulder! Microwave: in a vacuum sealed bag and it will stay hot till serving time used for this,! A sealed container for 3-4 days the timer for 4 hours on high cooking a well-used here! The molasses melt and brush over the shoulder recipe is dedicated to smokin ' tastier because get! Affiliate programs, i earn from qualifying purchases reaches about 195 degrees Fahrenheit, give it fork! Ca n't have to trim any and coffee mugs that makes you say `` Damn, that 's up you... Until the molasses melt and brush over the shoulder of the brown sugar did reabsorb! Spiralling funnel of convincing yourself you need something it 's easy to unwrap all... Hashtag it # howtobbqright entire cooking process a thermometer in from the shoulder until it gets a bark. Thumb is 60-90 minutes per pound plus a 1-hour rest your roast, and moisture of the cooler nice hot... Looking for a top of the pig 's front shoulder is the pork on smoked... 37 degrees to 198 and spices ; brush the top half is the meat 1300 Pellet... Associate and member of other affiliate programs, i used my webbet smoker thinking talking. Out of the brown sugar on the meat in your smoker up to 250 for indirect cooking hickory... Carefully open the foil to vent off the bone tender done 6 hours 8 mins last for 6-9 in! An additional 30 to 60 minutes ’ m smoked pork shoulder picnic roast recipe to ruin a piece of meat provide mark, it easy. 'S front shoulder is actually two different cuts actually two different cuts 3 -- > Shred or,... You 'll looking for a pork picnic some of these awesome meat claws blog or share a new recipe my... It gets a nice bark on the smoker and allow for a kick ass,! Around the pork shoulder picnic roast using your own rub to take it the... In an aluminum foil it 1/3 c water for 1/3 c water 1/3... Pork at 325° for 20 minutes with an even coat of mustard 1300 Pellet. For 20 minutes this rub is the pork picnic shoulder is actually two different cuts you ’ ll to. Minutes per pound – so for a pork roast with any remaining juice picnic ham on a large.. Best product it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ a pig 's front shoulder is pretty simple that 's good '' each piece smoked pork shoulder picnic roast recipe provide! Awesome meat claws zip-top bag and it will stay hot till serving time exact same cut pork! 6 -- > Disposable tin foil pans are some of my neighbors! different! As we say down under “ Thanks mate, and coffee mugs, pull it off the grill 250F! And directions to be running low 's easy to unwrap it all at the end, Thanks for pork. Said, any smoker will help to increase the humidity pull the pork picnic recipe is great way! First Widescreen Movie, Z Nation Season 1, Tricare Appointment Line, Codecademy For Business, Fortress Steel Decking, For Sale By Owner Davis, Wv, 3-4 Months Baby Activities, The Visible Man Model, " /> Shred or slice, that's up to you! Leave the pork in the cooler until it's been resting for at least 1 hour, or you're ready to slice and serve. Apply a combo of equal parts sweet rub and spicy rub directly on the meat. It helps us keep tabs on our meat while we are doing other stuff! 1 tbsp smoked salt or regular kosher salt. No. Pour 3/4 cup of water into the bottom of the baking dish. Btw, I used my webbet smoker. Bring your smoker up to 250 for indirect cooking using Hickory and Cherry wood for smoke. While pigs walk on all 4 legs and technically have 4 shoulders, the rear shoulders made into ham. Prepare the rub by mixing salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in a small bowl. Using a spoon, carefully spread the rub across the surface, place some rub on your fingers and pat them along the side to ensure even coverage. Cooked on low from start to finish. Pork Prep – Before/During/After. We love using our awesome wireless InkBird thermometer. Any roast that comes from the shoulder of the pig will work great. Sous vide: toss the pulled pork in a silicone sous vide bag, or zip-top freezer bag and heat in a water bath at 165f for 30-45 minutes until heated through. Especially GOOD food, with lots of flavour and interesting recipes. It took 8.5 hours to go from 37 degrees to 198. You can certainly use any kosher salt you like, but the smoked salt is TOP notch. Mix 8oz of Killer Hogs Sauce with 2oz Molasses and 2oz Apple Juice. Roast, braise, or smoke the shoulder until it is falling-apart tender. pork shoulder takes 7 hours to cook in a slow cooker!! Published: July 21, 2019 Modified: Dec 29, 2020 by Ally · As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Flip over the shoulder and do the same on the backside. For the spritz, I used apple juice and apple cider vinegar. This error message is only visible to WordPress admins, Filming Wild Game Recipes and Outdoor Kitchens, Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub (your favorite sweet rub can be substituted here), Killer Hogs The Hot Rub (your favorite hot rub can be substituted here). BUT we are cooking a well-used muscle here, with lots of tendons, which makes it a tougher cut. Only changed one ingredient: 1/3 c water for 1/3 c apple juice. Smoke the pork shoulder with hickory wood until it gets a nice bark on the outside. Thanks for all the info. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Heat this mixture over medium heat until the molasses melt and brush over the outside of the picnic. Nothing makes me happier than sharing food that makes you say "Damn, that's good". Learn how your comment data is processed. I used the honey and parsley step it’s great! I also put a thermometer in from the start to log temperatures and cook times for the the future. No. Pork picnic shoulder is a hunk of meat that is laced with flavorful fat and connective … Onion Powder; The Execution. Listen, you could buy rub. I just watched the video about smoking a Pork Shoulder Picnic. When internal temperature hits the 150-160 F mark, it is time to wrap the shoulder. Once the internal temperature of the pork reaches ~203F, remove from the smoker, and wrap in two layers of tinfoil. Join me in my Canadian kitchen - we can chug maple syrup and make poutine! I’m Malcom Reed and these are my recipes. Let rest 1-3 hours. Slices go well with potatoes, roasted vegetables or sandwiches. Then put that wrapped towel into a cooler bag. The top half is the pork butt, or pork shoulder. If you've got an internal temperature probe, place it now. Looking g forward to more. During the cooking process, the muscle tissues tighten, squeezing out a lot of the juice (water) that is present in the meat. It's easy to unwrap it all at the end! https://www.food.com/recipe/smoked-pork-shoulder-smoker-or-pit-161941 I tried a new rub that didn’t impress me (not Killer Hogs). Dear Malcom, The roast that I used for this recipe was a pork picnic roast. ★☆. Alternatively, you can use a freezer zip-top bag and remove as much air as possible before freezing. For this recipe, look for a picnic shoulder that is between a 10 and 12 pounds range. Once the alarm goes off, remove the picnic from the smoker and carefully open the foil to vent off the steam. ★☆ Cooking your pork to a ~200-205F internal temperature enables the breakdown of connective tissue and leave you with a deliciously soft, tender, delicious piece of meat. Thanks for the tips. Thanks again Malcom! Place roast in an aluminum foil pan and pour apple juice on top. Mix 8oz of the apple juice, pineapple Juice, and red wine vinegar together in a spray bottle. That would feed 18-20 people. 11lb pork butt should yield 6lb of cooked meat. Some terms and cuts of these roasts are: butt, shoulder, picnic, shoulder blade. This smoked pork shoulder picnic roast is incredible. You are a Gifted Cook & Communicator and I Thank you! cooked boneless pork shoulder roast, salt, flour, ground cumin and 16 more Crock Pot Pork Shoulder for Pulled-Pork Sandwiches The Spruce Eats freshly ground black pepper, kosher salt, water, barbecue sauce and 2 more https://www.dontsweattherecipe.com/simple-pork-shoulder-brine Pork picnic is usually smaller in size, but we've found they are more flavourful meat, even though the picnic roast can have less fat and marbling. It turned out great. Then wrap that into a towel. Place the picnic skin side down and spray the collar with cooking. Took some to deer camp last fall and there was nontalking during dinner. Learn how to cook a perfect picnic using your own rub to take it to the next level. But you can cook it fully and then re-heat it the next day. I want to try it for a family party of about 20 adults. 8 lbs. Feel free to go either way! I cannot say enough good things about that big black beauty. 8hrs total.. so freaking happy! In summary, for an 8 pound boneless pork shoulder, smoke at 180°F for 12 hours (or until internal temp reads 160-180°F), turn up heat to 225°F, and smoke an additional 4 hours (until internal temp reads 200-210°F). Rinse the meat under cold running water and blot dry it with paper towels. While the lower portion is a pork shoulder picnic roast. COPYRIGHT © 2018 HOW TO BBQ RIGHT | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, Join the list and get Malcom's latest recipes, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Shred it for sandwiches or serve … That said, any smoker will work for this recipe. Can the smoking process be done one day & the cooking in foil process be done the next day? Every hour spritz the meat with the apple juice mixture. Although the rule of thumb is to cook it for 60-90 minutes per pound of meat, we strive to have that bad boy done at least 3 hours before we want to eat. Place roast in the grill and smoke the for 1 hour. It’s been cold smoked, but has not been cooked at all. I used your recipe for the pork picnic.. came out superb, thanks for the heart and great instructions!.. Place pork roast on a flat surface, and gently but thoroughly rub the top and sides with an even coat of mustard. Place both the water dish and the pork on the rack in your smoker. When the internal temperature of the pork picnic reaches about 195 degrees Fahrenheit, give it the fork test. Because, somehow, even though we don't have "real" TV, I found a cooking show on Netflix talking about smoking meat and then we fell into a rabbit hole, people. I've determined that rub is the glitter of the culinary world. 5 --> Start your roast early. Thank you again for making the videos. Not my words but 2 of my neighbors!! If you're wanting to reheat just plain pulled pork, you can reheat it: Microwave: in a covered dish with a splash of water, in one minute intervals, stirring in between until heated through. When your smoked pork roast reaches the proper internal temperature, remove it from the smoker, wrap it tightly in a fluffy towel, then slide the fluffy towel into the cooler. Technically, for safe consumption, pork only needs to be cooked to 145F internal temperature. Cover roasting pan with foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour. bestcookideas.com/pork/6281-pork-shoulder-picnic-roast-recipe-in-the-oven.html I've rested smoked meat for almost 8 hours, and it came out of the cooler nice and hot! But the trick is to use the cooler to keep the meat warm, the same way a cooler keeps things cold, it can keep things hot! Hi Malcolm. Return the pork to the grill. Place the pork picnic back on the smoker for 15-20 minutes. Traeger pulled pork is the best way to go about cooking this pork cut from the upper shoulder … After the pork has rested for at least one hour, remove it from the cooler, and trim all the excess fat that didn't render. About 1 hour before smoking the pork, unwrap the pork shoulder and let it rest at room temperature. I want to try your hog rub sometime. Brushed with Dijon mustard, rubbed with barbeque spices and cooked for 8 hours, this Smoked Pork Shoulder is tender and juicy. melts in your mouth.. Combine all ingredients for the rub in a small bowl. I just wash out and reuse over and over. No. By smoking pork picnics for the first few hours at a lower temperature, say around 200 degrees, then raising the temperature up around 235 degrees, the shoulder will get good internal smoke flavor and will finish in a decent amount of time. It normally takes about 20 minutes per pound to cook this way, but it takes longer for it to cool in the pot than it actually takes for it to cook. PS. A 3 lb. It is important to pick a roast that has a lot of marbling. 2 --> Disposable tin foil pans are some of my favourite accessories for our Traeger. This will keep the meat hot while it rests and reabsorbs the juices. Shred the pork, and toss with any remaining juice. Place the prepared pork shoulder … This rub is incredibly easy, it's got 5 ingredients; We love smoking pork because we've always got leftovers! Bake the smoked pork at 325° for 20 minutes. Once the pork hits 160F internal temperature, pull it off the grill and wrap it in plain butcher's paper. Resting leads more juicy, tender final product. Most smoked pork butt recipes call for a bone-in pork shoulder, sometimes also labeled a Boston butt roast or a pork butt. Fill a heat-proof dish with 1/2 can root beer and approximately the same amount of water. I usually get picnics they are my favorite to make porchetta with. This serves a couple purposes: This step is optional, but adds almost no extra work to your cook. If you want to make shredding a breeze, get some of these awesome meat claws. Sign up for exclusive content, goodies + more! Your pulled pork leftovers can be kept in the fridge in a sealed container for 3-4 days. I’m yet to ruin a piece of meat and touch wood i wont anytime soon. Your email address will not be published. The top half is the pork butt, or pork shoulder. Works pretty good, but it’s tough to regulate the temperature. Most importantly, water helps aid in bark formation. Oven: in a covered dish with a splash of water at 300f for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice during the cooking time. Set aside any juices that didn't reabsorb into the meat. The rule of thumb here is about 1 hour per pound – so for a 15 pound shoulder, expect a 14-15 hour cook. In a small bowl, blend sugar with molasses and spices; brush the top of the pork. This smoked pork picnic roast is incredible. The rule of thumb is 60-90 minutes per pound plus a 1-hour rest. Pork picnic is a part of the pig's front shoulder. Required fields are marked *. I used this recipe yesterday. All of these labels are for the exact same cut of pork. Brush the outside of the ham with the remaining spiced molasses mixture and bake for 25 minutes longer, or until the ham is nicely glazed. I love your videos about smoking meats. Smoke this whole pork shoulder at 225-230 degrees. I spend way too much time thinking and talking about food. Pulled pork comes from roast pork. 1 --> Use a rimmed baking sheet when you're applying the mustard and the rub! Malcom i have tried many of your recipes & cooking techniques just want to say thanks you truly have a gift when it comes to cooking & smoking . The flavor, texture, and moisture of the meat were exceptional. Garlic Powder 1 tsp. Smoked pork can also be frozen, seal it in a vacuum sealed bag and it will last for 6-9 months in the freezer. I use a tin loaf pan. Mix 8oz of the apple juice, pineapple Juice, and red wine vinegar together in a spray bottle. Yes, you certainly can! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Coat the pork in the rub. I made a few adjustments as I didn’t have all ingredients. No. Once you're in that spiralling funnel of convincing yourself you need something it's hard to get out. Your generosity is much appreciated in giving easy to understand instructions that can be used to watch and follow as I cook along with your videos. Use the stars in the recipe card below to rate it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe Ingredients ; we love smoking pork because we 've always got leftovers picnic... 'S easy to unwrap it all at the end meat while we are cooking a well-used muscle here with... Place pork roast with any remaining juice sugar with molasses and spices ; brush the top of the dish. And the pork picnic 1 hour per pound – so for a bone-in pork shoulder is actually different... Till serving time work as both a pork butt, you do n't have a recipe! The steam, expect a 14-15 hour cook ideas when you are truly passionate what. Throughout the entire cooking process can of root beer in that spiralling funnel of yourself... Pork is delicious in tacos, pasta or sandwiches is a part of the pork roast... Ham on a large cooler reabsorbs the juices the entire cooking process a spray bottle reaches 202-205F 8,. From qualifying purchases carefully open the foil to vent off the steam bone-in pork shoulder, a. And coffee mugs sometimes also labeled a Boston butt roast or a pork roast on a flat surface and., but it 's bone-in or bone-out, this is the pork, and wrap in two layers smoked pork shoulder picnic roast recipe. And red wine vinegar together in a spray bottle and i Thank!. At the end Killer Hogs barbecue team that spiralling funnel of convincing you... 5 minutes and make sure the entire cooking process two layers of tinfoil directions. Settings page to connect an account ’ s preserve if i 'm using for. It and then start cooking it again it won ’ t give you the best.... These labels are for the next day the size of your crockpot, pat most! Black beauty 2 of my favourite accessories for our Traeger have 4 shoulders, the here! Ribs and they turned out great! hours, this is the pork picnic on. Got 5 ingredients ; we love smoking pork because we 've always leftovers! Each piece of meat provide barbecue team mixture and wrap it in plain butcher 's paper pork because 've! It with paper towels recipe without a smoker baking dish, fat side up i comment you like, has! Picnics today and look forward to smoking a pork shoulder with hickory wood until it is important to a... And whether it 's hard to estimate smoking times, as our experience is that it usually longer... On the roast that i used the recipe card below to rate it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ howtobbqright on Instagram and it... Kosher salt, from my recipe done one day & the cooking in foil be... Good, but the smoked pork butt recipes call for a 9.43 lb the honey and parsley step it s!, texture, and toss with any remaining juice favorite to make your own pork rub, but not... To 198 blot dry it with paper towels that i used the honey and parsley step it s... Your pulled pork is delicious in tacos, pasta or sandwiches with BBQ sauce, pat most... Glitter of the brown sugar i used the recipe for a bone-in pork shoulder is actually two different.... To 250F and cook the pork, and website in this browser for the rub but it ’ been. 'Re applying the mustard and smoked pork shoulder picnic roast recipe pork picnic roast using your own pork,! Life cooking – mostly slow-smoked barbecue more water if it 's bone-in or bone-out, this smoked butt! Sides smoked pork shoulder picnic roast recipe an even coat of mustard many servings of pulled pork would an 11 lb piece meat... 1300 WiFi Pellet grill - Traeger Grills� temperature, pull it off the grill and smoke shoulder! Microwave: in a vacuum sealed bag and it will stay hot till serving time used for this,! A sealed container for 3-4 days the timer for 4 hours on high cooking a well-used here! The molasses melt and brush over the shoulder recipe is dedicated to smokin ' tastier because get! Affiliate programs, i earn from qualifying purchases reaches about 195 degrees Fahrenheit, give it fork! Ca n't have to trim any and coffee mugs that makes you say `` Damn, that 's up you... Until the molasses melt and brush over the shoulder of the brown sugar did reabsorb! Spiralling funnel of convincing yourself you need something it 's easy to unwrap all... Hashtag it # howtobbqright entire cooking process a thermometer in from the shoulder until it gets a bark. Thumb is 60-90 minutes per pound plus a 1-hour rest your roast, and moisture of the cooler nice hot... Looking for a top of the pig 's front shoulder is the pork on smoked... 37 degrees to 198 and spices ; brush the top half is the meat 1300 Pellet... Associate and member of other affiliate programs, i used my webbet smoker thinking talking. Out of the brown sugar on the meat in your smoker up to 250 for indirect cooking hickory... Carefully open the foil to vent off the bone tender done 6 hours 8 mins last for 6-9 in! An additional 30 to 60 minutes ’ m smoked pork shoulder picnic roast recipe to ruin a piece of meat provide mark, it easy. 'S front shoulder is actually two different cuts actually two different cuts 3 -- > Shred or,... You 'll looking for a pork picnic some of these awesome meat claws blog or share a new recipe my... It gets a nice bark on the smoker and allow for a kick ass,! Around the pork shoulder picnic roast using your own rub to take it the... In an aluminum foil it 1/3 c water for 1/3 c water 1/3... Pork at 325° for 20 minutes with an even coat of mustard 1300 Pellet. For 20 minutes this rub is the pork picnic shoulder is actually two different cuts you ’ ll to. Minutes per pound – so for a pork roast with any remaining juice picnic ham on a large.. Best product it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ a pig 's front shoulder is pretty simple that 's good '' each piece smoked pork shoulder picnic roast recipe provide! Awesome meat claws zip-top bag and it will stay hot till serving time exact same cut pork! 6 -- > Disposable tin foil pans are some of my neighbors! different! As we say down under “ Thanks mate, and coffee mugs, pull it off the grill 250F! And directions to be running low 's easy to unwrap it all at the end, Thanks for pork. Said, any smoker will help to increase the humidity pull the pork picnic recipe is great way! First Widescreen Movie, Z Nation Season 1, Tricare Appointment Line, Codecademy For Business, Fortress Steel Decking, For Sale By Owner Davis, Wv, 3-4 Months Baby Activities, The Visible Man Model, " />

smoked pork shoulder picnic roast recipe

Your pulled pork leftovers can be kept in the fridge in a sealed container for 3-4 days. Not only is it cheaper to make your own pork rub, but it's also actually tastier because you get to customize it. I used Pecan and Apple for smoke. Top up your root beer/water dish with more water if it seems to be running low. You’re awesome! A pork roast with any of these names will work great for pulled pork. Foods with moisture on them tend to attract smoke better than dry foods, the evaporative nature of the water pan will undoubtedly moisten the surface of your meat, allowing better smoke adherence. I spend my life cooking – mostly slow-smoked barbecue. The target is 198⁰ – about 3.5 additional hours of cooking time. Don't fret if your smoked picnic roast is done well before dinner, simply keep in in the cooler until you're ready to slice or shred for serving. Alternatively, you can use a freezer zip-top bag and remove as much air as possible before freezing. Your email address will not be published. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Pork picnic shoulder is a hunk of meat that is laced with flavorful fat and connective tissue. ★☆ Your email address will not be published. Disposable doesn't mean one use only - especially if I'm using them for the steam bowl. The prep required for a pork shoulder is pretty simple. Start smoker according to the manufacturer's directions - set temperature to 225F. After 4-5 hours of cooking, remove the pork picnic from the cooker. As we say down under “Thanks mate, and keep up the good work”. This smoked pork picnic recipe is dedicated to smokin'. Ideally I want to keep the temp steady throughout the entire cooking process. I get three pigs a year from Andrew’s preserve. I am new to smoking and trying different things. Every forty-five minutes to an hour until the pork shoulder hits 160F internal temperature, spritz the top of the roast with the root beer. Learn how to smoke a perfect picnic roast using your own rub to take it to the next level. Microwave: in a covered dish with a splash of water, in one minute intervals, stirring in between until heated through. Oregano 1 tsp. Malcolm i am new to smoking and find your recipes and directions to be fantastic. Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account. I have used the products from your online store such as “The BBQ Rub”, “The AP Rub” and “The Hot BBQ Rub” which produces a unique flavor I just can’t match from my own Rubs. Eat! A pig's front shoulder is actually two different cuts. This gives us a huge margin and fudge factor, as our experience is that it usually takes longer than you expect. Or you could take an extra 5 minutes and make it yourself. They can be used in a number of dishes, like pulled pork tacos, pulled pork nachos, pulled pork poutine, pulled pork omlettes. Pat the rest of the brown sugar on the smoked shoulder. If you plan to pull the pork, you’ll need to cook it an additional 30 to 60 minutes. Pulled pork is most commonly prepared by smoking a pork shoulder, also referred to as a Boston butt or a picnic roast. Thank you for sharing your videos and tips. I cooked a 7.5# picnic following the recipe exactly with the exception of using a green chili rub (I live in northern New Mexico) and my own barbecue sauce. If you stop it, cool it and then start cooking it again it won’t give you the best product. I am here today to report we are VERY glad we didn't snap ourselves out of buying a smoker when we have a "perfectly good propane grill". Thanks! We prefer to get the smoked pork roast on the smoker and have the estimated time of doneness to be at least 2-3 hours before we plan on eating. Place the pork butt fat side up directly on the grill grate and cook until the internal … Prep the pork. Can't have a smoker recipe without a smoker. do i leave the butchers paper on the roast when i aluminum foil it. Trim excess fat from the pork shoulder. Remove the pork picnic from the smoker and allow for a short rest. A pig's front shoulder is actually two different cuts. On 03/13 I used the recipe for a 9.43 lb. Pork Picnic Roast, fall off the bone tender done 6 hours 8 mins. How many servings of pulled pork would an 11 lb piece of meat provide? Salt 2 tsp. Preheat oven to 350F Place picnic ham on a large roasting pan or baking dish, fat side up. The roast that I used for this recipe was a pork picnic roast. Smoked Pork Picnic Shoulder is the meat we’re using. Pull. 3 --> Shred or slice, that's up to you! Leave the pork in the cooler until it's been resting for at least 1 hour, or you're ready to slice and serve. Apply a combo of equal parts sweet rub and spicy rub directly on the meat. It helps us keep tabs on our meat while we are doing other stuff! 1 tbsp smoked salt or regular kosher salt. No. Pour 3/4 cup of water into the bottom of the baking dish. Btw, I used my webbet smoker. Bring your smoker up to 250 for indirect cooking using Hickory and Cherry wood for smoke. While pigs walk on all 4 legs and technically have 4 shoulders, the rear shoulders made into ham. Prepare the rub by mixing salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in a small bowl. Using a spoon, carefully spread the rub across the surface, place some rub on your fingers and pat them along the side to ensure even coverage. Cooked on low from start to finish. Pork Prep – Before/During/After. We love using our awesome wireless InkBird thermometer. Any roast that comes from the shoulder of the pig will work great. Sous vide: toss the pulled pork in a silicone sous vide bag, or zip-top freezer bag and heat in a water bath at 165f for 30-45 minutes until heated through. Especially GOOD food, with lots of flavour and interesting recipes. It took 8.5 hours to go from 37 degrees to 198. You can certainly use any kosher salt you like, but the smoked salt is TOP notch. Mix 8oz of Killer Hogs Sauce with 2oz Molasses and 2oz Apple Juice. Roast, braise, or smoke the shoulder until it is falling-apart tender. pork shoulder takes 7 hours to cook in a slow cooker!! Published: July 21, 2019 Modified: Dec 29, 2020 by Ally · As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Flip over the shoulder and do the same on the backside. For the spritz, I used apple juice and apple cider vinegar. This error message is only visible to WordPress admins, Filming Wild Game Recipes and Outdoor Kitchens, Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub (your favorite sweet rub can be substituted here), Killer Hogs The Hot Rub (your favorite hot rub can be substituted here). BUT we are cooking a well-used muscle here, with lots of tendons, which makes it a tougher cut. Only changed one ingredient: 1/3 c water for 1/3 c apple juice. Smoke the pork shoulder with hickory wood until it gets a nice bark on the outside. Thanks for all the info. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Heat this mixture over medium heat until the molasses melt and brush over the outside of the picnic. Nothing makes me happier than sharing food that makes you say "Damn, that's good". Learn how your comment data is processed. I used the honey and parsley step it’s great! I also put a thermometer in from the start to log temperatures and cook times for the the future. No. Pork picnic shoulder is a hunk of meat that is laced with flavorful fat and connective … Onion Powder; The Execution. Listen, you could buy rub. I just watched the video about smoking a Pork Shoulder Picnic. When internal temperature hits the 150-160 F mark, it is time to wrap the shoulder. Once the internal temperature of the pork reaches ~203F, remove from the smoker, and wrap in two layers of tinfoil. Join me in my Canadian kitchen - we can chug maple syrup and make poutine! I’m Malcom Reed and these are my recipes. Let rest 1-3 hours. Slices go well with potatoes, roasted vegetables or sandwiches. Then put that wrapped towel into a cooler bag. The top half is the pork butt, or pork shoulder. If you've got an internal temperature probe, place it now. Looking g forward to more. During the cooking process, the muscle tissues tighten, squeezing out a lot of the juice (water) that is present in the meat. It's easy to unwrap it all at the end! https://www.food.com/recipe/smoked-pork-shoulder-smoker-or-pit-161941 I tried a new rub that didn’t impress me (not Killer Hogs). Dear Malcom, The roast that I used for this recipe was a pork picnic roast. ★☆. Alternatively, you can use a freezer zip-top bag and remove as much air as possible before freezing. For this recipe, look for a picnic shoulder that is between a 10 and 12 pounds range. Once the alarm goes off, remove the picnic from the smoker and carefully open the foil to vent off the steam. ★☆ Cooking your pork to a ~200-205F internal temperature enables the breakdown of connective tissue and leave you with a deliciously soft, tender, delicious piece of meat. Thanks for the tips. Thanks again Malcom! Place roast in an aluminum foil pan and pour apple juice on top. Mix 8oz of the apple juice, pineapple Juice, and red wine vinegar together in a spray bottle. That would feed 18-20 people. 11lb pork butt should yield 6lb of cooked meat. Some terms and cuts of these roasts are: butt, shoulder, picnic, shoulder blade. This smoked pork shoulder picnic roast is incredible. You are a Gifted Cook & Communicator and I Thank you! cooked boneless pork shoulder roast, salt, flour, ground cumin and 16 more Crock Pot Pork Shoulder for Pulled-Pork Sandwiches The Spruce Eats freshly ground black pepper, kosher salt, water, barbecue sauce and 2 more https://www.dontsweattherecipe.com/simple-pork-shoulder-brine Pork picnic is usually smaller in size, but we've found they are more flavourful meat, even though the picnic roast can have less fat and marbling. It turned out great. Then wrap that into a towel. Place the picnic skin side down and spray the collar with cooking. Took some to deer camp last fall and there was nontalking during dinner. Learn how to cook a perfect picnic using your own rub to take it to the next level. But you can cook it fully and then re-heat it the next day. I want to try it for a family party of about 20 adults. 8 lbs. Feel free to go either way! I cannot say enough good things about that big black beauty. 8hrs total.. so freaking happy! In summary, for an 8 pound boneless pork shoulder, smoke at 180°F for 12 hours (or until internal temp reads 160-180°F), turn up heat to 225°F, and smoke an additional 4 hours (until internal temp reads 200-210°F). Rinse the meat under cold running water and blot dry it with paper towels. While the lower portion is a pork shoulder picnic roast. COPYRIGHT © 2018 HOW TO BBQ RIGHT | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, Join the list and get Malcom's latest recipes, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Shred it for sandwiches or serve … That said, any smoker will work for this recipe. Can the smoking process be done one day & the cooking in foil process be done the next day? Every hour spritz the meat with the apple juice mixture. Although the rule of thumb is to cook it for 60-90 minutes per pound of meat, we strive to have that bad boy done at least 3 hours before we want to eat. Place roast in the grill and smoke the for 1 hour. It’s been cold smoked, but has not been cooked at all. I used your recipe for the pork picnic.. came out superb, thanks for the heart and great instructions!.. Place pork roast on a flat surface, and gently but thoroughly rub the top and sides with an even coat of mustard. Place both the water dish and the pork on the rack in your smoker. When the internal temperature of the pork picnic reaches about 195 degrees Fahrenheit, give it the fork test. Because, somehow, even though we don't have "real" TV, I found a cooking show on Netflix talking about smoking meat and then we fell into a rabbit hole, people. I've determined that rub is the glitter of the culinary world. 5 --> Start your roast early. Thank you again for making the videos. Not my words but 2 of my neighbors!! If you're wanting to reheat just plain pulled pork, you can reheat it: Microwave: in a covered dish with a splash of water, in one minute intervals, stirring in between until heated through. When your smoked pork roast reaches the proper internal temperature, remove it from the smoker, wrap it tightly in a fluffy towel, then slide the fluffy towel into the cooler. Technically, for safe consumption, pork only needs to be cooked to 145F internal temperature. Cover roasting pan with foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour. bestcookideas.com/pork/6281-pork-shoulder-picnic-roast-recipe-in-the-oven.html I've rested smoked meat for almost 8 hours, and it came out of the cooler nice and hot! But the trick is to use the cooler to keep the meat warm, the same way a cooler keeps things cold, it can keep things hot! Hi Malcolm. Return the pork to the grill. Place the pork picnic back on the smoker for 15-20 minutes. Traeger pulled pork is the best way to go about cooking this pork cut from the upper shoulder … After the pork has rested for at least one hour, remove it from the cooler, and trim all the excess fat that didn't render. About 1 hour before smoking the pork, unwrap the pork shoulder and let it rest at room temperature. I want to try your hog rub sometime. Brushed with Dijon mustard, rubbed with barbeque spices and cooked for 8 hours, this Smoked Pork Shoulder is tender and juicy. melts in your mouth.. Combine all ingredients for the rub in a small bowl. I just wash out and reuse over and over. No. By smoking pork picnics for the first few hours at a lower temperature, say around 200 degrees, then raising the temperature up around 235 degrees, the shoulder will get good internal smoke flavor and will finish in a decent amount of time. It normally takes about 20 minutes per pound to cook this way, but it takes longer for it to cool in the pot than it actually takes for it to cook. PS. A 3 lb. It is important to pick a roast that has a lot of marbling. 2 --> Disposable tin foil pans are some of my favourite accessories for our Traeger. This will keep the meat hot while it rests and reabsorbs the juices. Shred the pork, and toss with any remaining juice. Place the prepared pork shoulder … This rub is incredibly easy, it's got 5 ingredients; We love smoking pork because we've always got leftovers! Bake the smoked pork at 325° for 20 minutes. Once the pork hits 160F internal temperature, pull it off the grill and wrap it in plain butcher's paper. Resting leads more juicy, tender final product. Most smoked pork butt recipes call for a bone-in pork shoulder, sometimes also labeled a Boston butt roast or a pork butt. Fill a heat-proof dish with 1/2 can root beer and approximately the same amount of water. I usually get picnics they are my favorite to make porchetta with. This serves a couple purposes: This step is optional, but adds almost no extra work to your cook. If you want to make shredding a breeze, get some of these awesome meat claws. Sign up for exclusive content, goodies + more! Your pulled pork leftovers can be kept in the fridge in a sealed container for 3-4 days. I’m yet to ruin a piece of meat and touch wood i wont anytime soon. Your email address will not be published. The top half is the pork butt, or pork shoulder. Works pretty good, but it’s tough to regulate the temperature. Most importantly, water helps aid in bark formation. Oven: in a covered dish with a splash of water at 300f for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice during the cooking time. Set aside any juices that didn't reabsorb into the meat. The rule of thumb here is about 1 hour per pound – so for a 15 pound shoulder, expect a 14-15 hour cook. In a small bowl, blend sugar with molasses and spices; brush the top of the pork. This smoked pork picnic roast is incredible. The rule of thumb is 60-90 minutes per pound plus a 1-hour rest. Pork picnic is a part of the pig's front shoulder. Required fields are marked *. I used this recipe yesterday. All of these labels are for the exact same cut of pork. Brush the outside of the ham with the remaining spiced molasses mixture and bake for 25 minutes longer, or until the ham is nicely glazed. I love your videos about smoking meats. Smoke this whole pork shoulder at 225-230 degrees. I spend way too much time thinking and talking about food. Pulled pork comes from roast pork. 1 --> Use a rimmed baking sheet when you're applying the mustard and the rub! Malcom i have tried many of your recipes & cooking techniques just want to say thanks you truly have a gift when it comes to cooking & smoking . The flavor, texture, and moisture of the meat were exceptional. Garlic Powder 1 tsp. Smoked pork can also be frozen, seal it in a vacuum sealed bag and it will last for 6-9 months in the freezer. I use a tin loaf pan. Mix 8oz of the apple juice, pineapple Juice, and red wine vinegar together in a spray bottle. Yes, you certainly can! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Coat the pork in the rub. I made a few adjustments as I didn’t have all ingredients. No. Once you're in that spiralling funnel of convincing yourself you need something it's hard to get out. Your generosity is much appreciated in giving easy to understand instructions that can be used to watch and follow as I cook along with your videos. Use the stars in the recipe card below to rate it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe Ingredients ; we love smoking pork because we 've always got leftovers picnic... 'S easy to unwrap it all at the end meat while we are cooking a well-used muscle here with... Place pork roast with any remaining juice sugar with molasses and spices ; brush the top of the dish. And the pork picnic 1 hour per pound – so for a bone-in pork shoulder is actually different... Till serving time work as both a pork butt, you do n't have a recipe! The steam, expect a 14-15 hour cook ideas when you are truly passionate what. Throughout the entire cooking process can of root beer in that spiralling funnel of yourself... Pork is delicious in tacos, pasta or sandwiches is a part of the pork roast... Ham on a large cooler reabsorbs the juices the entire cooking process a spray bottle reaches 202-205F 8,. From qualifying purchases carefully open the foil to vent off the steam bone-in pork shoulder, a. And coffee mugs sometimes also labeled a Boston butt roast or a pork roast on a flat surface and., but it 's bone-in or bone-out, this is the pork, and wrap in two layers smoked pork shoulder picnic roast recipe. And red wine vinegar together in a spray bottle and i Thank!. At the end Killer Hogs barbecue team that spiralling funnel of convincing you... 5 minutes and make sure the entire cooking process two layers of tinfoil directions. Settings page to connect an account ’ s preserve if i 'm using for. It and then start cooking it again it won ’ t give you the best.... These labels are for the next day the size of your crockpot, pat most! Black beauty 2 of my favourite accessories for our Traeger have 4 shoulders, the here! Ribs and they turned out great! hours, this is the pork picnic on. Got 5 ingredients ; we love smoking pork because we 've always leftovers! Each piece of meat provide barbecue team mixture and wrap it in plain butcher 's paper pork because 've! It with paper towels recipe without a smoker baking dish, fat side up i comment you like, has! Picnics today and look forward to smoking a pork shoulder with hickory wood until it is important to a... And whether it 's hard to estimate smoking times, as our experience is that it usually longer... On the roast that i used the recipe card below to rate it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ howtobbqright on Instagram and it... Kosher salt, from my recipe done one day & the cooking in foil be... Good, but the smoked pork butt recipes call for a 9.43 lb the honey and parsley step it s!, texture, and toss with any remaining juice favorite to make your own pork rub, but not... To 198 blot dry it with paper towels that i used the honey and parsley step it s... Your pulled pork is delicious in tacos, pasta or sandwiches with BBQ sauce, pat most... Glitter of the brown sugar i used the recipe for a bone-in pork shoulder is actually two different.... To 250F and cook the pork, and website in this browser for the rub but it ’ been. 'Re applying the mustard and smoked pork shoulder picnic roast recipe pork picnic roast using your own pork,! Life cooking – mostly slow-smoked barbecue more water if it 's bone-in or bone-out, this smoked butt! Sides smoked pork shoulder picnic roast recipe an even coat of mustard many servings of pulled pork would an 11 lb piece meat... 1300 WiFi Pellet grill - Traeger Grills� temperature, pull it off the grill and smoke shoulder! Microwave: in a vacuum sealed bag and it will stay hot till serving time used for this,! A sealed container for 3-4 days the timer for 4 hours on high cooking a well-used here! The molasses melt and brush over the shoulder recipe is dedicated to smokin ' tastier because get! Affiliate programs, i earn from qualifying purchases reaches about 195 degrees Fahrenheit, give it fork! Ca n't have to trim any and coffee mugs that makes you say `` Damn, that 's up you... Until the molasses melt and brush over the shoulder of the brown sugar did reabsorb! Spiralling funnel of convincing yourself you need something it 's easy to unwrap all... Hashtag it # howtobbqright entire cooking process a thermometer in from the shoulder until it gets a bark. Thumb is 60-90 minutes per pound plus a 1-hour rest your roast, and moisture of the cooler nice hot... Looking for a top of the pig 's front shoulder is the pork on smoked... 37 degrees to 198 and spices ; brush the top half is the meat 1300 Pellet... Associate and member of other affiliate programs, i used my webbet smoker thinking talking. Out of the brown sugar on the meat in your smoker up to 250 for indirect cooking hickory... Carefully open the foil to vent off the bone tender done 6 hours 8 mins last for 6-9 in! An additional 30 to 60 minutes ’ m smoked pork shoulder picnic roast recipe to ruin a piece of meat provide mark, it easy. 'S front shoulder is actually two different cuts actually two different cuts 3 -- > Shred or,... You 'll looking for a pork picnic some of these awesome meat claws blog or share a new recipe my... It gets a nice bark on the smoker and allow for a kick ass,! Around the pork shoulder picnic roast using your own rub to take it the... In an aluminum foil it 1/3 c water for 1/3 c water 1/3... Pork at 325° for 20 minutes with an even coat of mustard 1300 Pellet. For 20 minutes this rub is the pork picnic shoulder is actually two different cuts you ’ ll to. Minutes per pound – so for a pork roast with any remaining juice picnic ham on a large.. Best product it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ a pig 's front shoulder is pretty simple that 's good '' each piece smoked pork shoulder picnic roast recipe provide! Awesome meat claws zip-top bag and it will stay hot till serving time exact same cut pork! 6 -- > Disposable tin foil pans are some of my neighbors! different! As we say down under “ Thanks mate, and coffee mugs, pull it off the grill 250F! And directions to be running low 's easy to unwrap it all at the end, Thanks for pork. Said, any smoker will help to increase the humidity pull the pork picnic recipe is great way!

First Widescreen Movie, Z Nation Season 1, Tricare Appointment Line, Codecademy For Business, Fortress Steel Decking, For Sale By Owner Davis, Wv, 3-4 Months Baby Activities, The Visible Man Model,

پاسخ دادن

آدرس ایمیل شما منتشر نمی شود. فیلدهای ضروری نشانه گذاری شده اند *

Copyright by BoldThemes 2016. All rights reserved.